The old Taylor is dead

In three days, Taylor Swift’s sixth studio album Reputation gets the official release fans have been waiting for, and if you are worried that it was going to be anything less than record-breaking, don’t be. The album is not even out yet and it has already sold over 400,000 pre-sale units, which is twice as many as the pre-order copies of her last album 1989. Big Machine Records confirmed these figures to the Associated Press 1 last Friday. Almost everyone, including me, has gotten one of her songs stuck in her head or put it on constant repeat for its catchy tunes.

Taylor Swift’s new album cover entitled Reputation

The excitement for Taylor’s new album has been steadily growing since she dropped snake-themed teaser videos back in August on her twitter and instagram. 2 Since then, Taylor has premiered four songs from her new album: “Look What You Made Me Do”, “…Ready For It?”, “Gorgeous”, and, the most recent, “Call It What You Want.” Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” is a “record-breaking success” according to Billboard. 3 Swift debuts the official music video for “Look What You Made Me Do” at the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards, which was immediately released on YouTube afterwards. Although it may not be everyone’s favorite T-Swift song, the music video breaks the record for the most watched music video within 24 hours of its release, accumulating 43.2 million views in its first day, surpassing Adele’s 27.7 million views with her “Hello” music video. Her music video has since been watched almost 700 million times! In her song, she expressed how she got smarter over time and cannot trust anyone anymore. Fans assume that the lyrics pertain to her pre-existing conflicts with multiple celebrities like Katy Perry and Kanye West. This song generated huge spurs within her fan base because the singer went from a sweet, country girl with typical love songs to a super star looking for revenge. So, are you still looking for the old Taylor? Well I’m sorry to say, but she’s dead.

• The old Taylor is dead

Artistic Voices

Artist Voices

• Art and Music Submission Form

Artistic Voices Submissions

• The old Taylor is dead

OPINIONS

Making Schaumburg my home

• The old Taylor is dead

SHS Continues Tradition of Author Visits

• The old Taylor is dead

Showcase

SHS Theatre presents “Tartuffe”

• The old Taylor is dead

ENTERTAINMENT

Saxons Storm the Stage

• The old Taylor is dead

Students in the workforce

• The old Taylor is dead

SPORTS

Bowlers look to improve on third place finish

• The old Taylor is dead

A Fizzler performance to remember

• The old Taylor is dead

OPINIONS

How to win freshman year (and beyond)

The old Taylor is dead