BPA Goes to Regionals

2017-2018+Schaumburg+BPA+team+prepares+to+head+to+regionals+at+Harper+community+college.+
2017-2018 Schaumburg BPA team prepares to head to regionals at Harper community college.

Marking a great start the Saxons, Schaumburg High School’s Business Professionals of America competed in a series of events on January 13 against Fremd, Hoffman Estates, Conant, Barrington, and Stevenson high schools in the regional competition.

Bringing over fifty students to compete, the Business Professionals team hoped for another regional win, as last year they qualified more than thirty students for the state competition, and ten students for the national conference.

In order to build a base of knowledge for the upcoming competition, students either take business classes at Schaumburg High School, dedicate their time with practice tests from previous years and organize practice sessions, if they compete as a group. Annually hosted at Harper College in Palatine, students prepare their presentations, speeches, calculators, and brains for months on end to increase their chances of making it to the state and national competition (which will be held in Texas this year).

Although BPA is a business heavy activity, most students enjoy a variety of events in the field.

“It offers multiple events including presentations, speeches, finance, and event media production,” junior and two-year regional competitor, Laxmisanjana Ade, said.

BPA offers two different sets of competition with judged events focusing on procedural matters, broadcasting, eloquence, and presentation style; test events are a series of quizzes focused on business procedures, technological programs, economic trends, and the creation of business documents like agendas and letters.

BPA truly offers  opportunities in the field of business, especially in preparing young students in the reality of the harsh world of business.

But even if students are placed in such rigorous extremes, students were still seen having fun by reflecting on each of their events after each round, taking pictures with one another, playing board games, and simply enjoying their day off from school.

Wish the students luck as they champion through the state conference in March, where they will compete against numerous Illinois high schools.

• BPA Goes to Regionals

SHS Continues Tradition of Author Visits

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Students in the workforce

• BPA Goes to Regionals

A Fizzler performance to remember

• NEWS

Young Conservatives of SHS launch new political club

• BPA Goes to Regionals

World language students travel around the world

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Making reading fun again

• BPA Goes to Regionals

SHS celebrates its mosaic of music

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Bringing high mileage autos to SHS

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Saxons LEADing the way

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Faith based clubs see increased attendance

BPA Goes to Regionals