Sextant

BPA Goes to Regionals

2017-2018+Schaumburg+BPA+team+prepares+to+head+to+regionals+at+Harper+community+college.+
2017-2018 Schaumburg BPA team prepares to head to regionals at Harper community college.

Marking a great start the Saxons, Schaumburg High School’s Business Professionals of America competed in a series of events on January 13 against Fremd, Hoffman Estates, Conant, Barrington, and Stevenson high schools in the regional competition.

Bringing over fifty students to compete, the Business Professionals team hoped for another regional win, as last year they qualified more than thirty students for the state competition, and ten students for the national conference.

In order to build a base of knowledge for the upcoming competition, students either take business classes at Schaumburg High School, dedicate their time with practice tests from previous years and organize practice sessions, if they compete as a group. Annually hosted at Harper College in Palatine, students prepare their presentations, speeches, calculators, and brains for months on end to increase their chances of making it to the state and national competition (which will be held in Texas this year).

Although BPA is a business heavy activity, most students enjoy a variety of events in the field.

“It offers multiple events including presentations, speeches, finance, and event media production,” junior and two-year regional competitor, Laxmisanjana Ade, said.

BPA offers two different sets of competition with judged events focusing on procedural matters, broadcasting, eloquence, and presentation style; test events are a series of quizzes focused on business procedures, technological programs, economic trends, and the creation of business documents like agendas and letters.

BPA truly offers  opportunities in the field of business, especially in preparing young students in the reality of the harsh world of business.

But even if students are placed in such rigorous extremes, students were still seen having fun by reflecting on each of their events after each round, taking pictures with one another, playing board games, and simply enjoying their day off from school.

Wish the students luck as they champion through the state conference in March, where they will compete against numerous Illinois high schools.

• BPA Goes to Regionals

ENTERTAINMENT

SHS Theatre Seussifies “Romeo and Juliet”

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Gaming Club – The Club for Any Gamer!

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Flu season is in full swing – here’s how to protect yourself

• BPA Goes to Regionals

SHS Students Prepare for the Upcoming “Testing Season”

• BPA Goes to Regionals

An Applicant’s Guide to Scholarships

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Earning College Credit in the High School Classroom

• BPA Goes to Regionals

A “Sine” of Success

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Going Bald Has Never Been So Beautiful

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Hidden Gems: Schaumburg Student to enter Ivy League

• BPA Goes to Regionals

Keeping up with the Schaumburg Speech Team

The student news site of Schaumburg High School
BPA Goes to Regionals