A bite out of life

Back to Article
Back to Article

A bite out of life

Woodfield's new dining pavilion offers customers a brighter, open dining experience.

Olivia Zimmerman

Olivia Zimmerman

Olivia Zimmerman

Ayesha Akram and Safa Farooq, Scribe Reporters

Sugar, spice and everything nice; that describes Woodfield’s new 820 seat dining pavilion, and people are going nuts over it.

The newly opened food court appeals to the general public and consumers because shoppers tends to work up an appetite. Teens, especially, will find it a place to relax and escape the stress of their life from school, sports and what not. Plus, it pretty much has everything they need to survive: Wifi, food, and friends.

Recently, Woodfield underwent a style change, something pretty essential—what is the point of a mall, if it’s boring? The modern and bright style has had a pretty big impact, as it matches the theme of the whole place and brightens it up, bringing a touch of snazziness. Furthermore, in an increasingly competitive society, places need unique touches to help catch the attention of the public to leave them not only wanting more, but to also keep coming back for more.

Debuting early this summer, the pavilion has been a hit.  Woodfield is one of the most hectic places in Schaumburg, with a diverse group of people constantly hustling and bustling, rushing in and out. Despite all the different tastes and opinions, visitors have nothing but positive things to say about this newest hotspot.

“It was amazing.” says junior Lynda Steen.  “There are a variety of food places and diverse foods that you can get. It’s just a great place to hang out in general.”

Residents definitely support this new addition as well, agreeing that it brings something new to the mall.

“It was a great addition to Woodfield, something they should’ve done ages ago,” says Maddie Ardagh. “It definitely spruces up the whole place and attracts more people.”

New restaurants include Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Charley’s Philly steaks, Suki Hana, Wok a Holic, Maoz Falafel and Grill, and way too many to list. Teens are raving over the new bites, in particular Blaze’s Pizza,

“Blaze pizza is really good; there’s lots of flavor and overall, the shop gives off a good vibe,” says junior Hannah Niederman.

Woodfield, reflecting everything else in the world, is changing, and most people are totally here for it. New designs, stores, editions, and more are always being considered to go with the flow of pop culture. Attractions like the pavilion will entice all demographics to unload their wallets in one of America’s biggest malls.

Maybe with friends, maybe with the fam, maybe even by yourself, stop by the dining pavilion, unwind and take a bite out of life.

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

And CAOS Has Begun.

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

The Ballad of Joji: A Review of Joji’s “BALLADS 1”

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

“Tartuffe” to open at SHS Theatre

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

Saxons Storm the Stage

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

A Blast From the Past

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

We Love “Crazy Rich Asians”

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

Frozen custard craze hits SHS

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

The Walking Dead, Season 8B: Surprisingly Subtle?

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

Fortnite Fanaticism

• A bite out of life

ENTERTAINMENT

SHS theatre seussifies “Romeo and Juliet”

A bite out of life