Connecting Through Coffee

The+MC+Cafe+offers+hot+drinks+to+Schaumburg+faculty+and+students.+

The MC Cafe offers hot drinks to Schaumburg faculty and students.

Sophia Freehling, Scribe Reporter

As the 2022-23 school year moves into fall, the MC Cafe makes its return to Schaumburg students after a two year hiatus due to Covid restrictions. 

Run by multiple challenged students and teacher assistants, the MC Cafe is a coffee cart that sells coffees, teas, and hot chocolate. Classes can request a visit to the MC Café where students can purchase a drink of choice.

”The whole idea of the MC café is for MC students to integrate with mainstream students,” states Mr. Teschner, the Special Education and MC Café coordinator.

“I thought that the MC Cafe was very inclusive. It shows that anyone can get involved in a business. It was just really inspiring,” said freshman Imani Tapia. 

By the MC Café opening, both MC and mainstream students will get more exposure to each other. The interactions made between will be beneficial to both groups as they get to know and understand each other.  

I thought that the MC Cafe was very inclusive. It shows that anyone can get involved in a business. It was just really inspiring.

— Imani Tapia

“It’s important to learn about others. Having an opportunity to interact with peers at SHS that students might not regularly see in their classes or activities is a positive way to grow our school community. Introducing a freshman class to warm mornings drinks provided by the MC Mobile Cart was a great way to start our day!” expresses Special Education teacher Mrs. Reinheimer.

The MC Café is open to teachers and is located by the concession stands near the gym every Thursday from 2pm-2:25pm. It is a lovely snack for teachers to enjoy to pick up the rest of the day!

All the profits from the sales will go back into the MC program to help fund field trips for MC students as well as support MC families. In the future, they plan to expand into selling bakery items made by the MC students.